If you desire something exotic to happen quickly in your life…. Like a daydream which is unpractical and idealistic!
SYNONYMS : romantic, imaginary, fanciful, Utopian, dreamy, impulsive, chimerical, visionary, unrealistic, unworldly
USAGE : He lived his life by a quixotic code of honour.
‘For Age’ or to stay alive…..searching food is an important activity.
- They were forced to forage for clothes and fuel.
- Soldiers foraging near an abandoned farm.
- Troops who were foraging the countryside.
- Foraged a snack from the refrigerator.
When anyone copies and PASTES or imitates work of others it is called Pastiche. Especially Artistic work.
1. A dramatic, literary, or musical piece openly imitating the previous works of other artists, often with satirical intent.
2. A pasticcio of incongruous parts; a hodgepodge
SYNONYMS : parody, imitation, medley, blend, mixture, farrago, melange
- The world menu may be a pastiche of dishes from many countries.
- A pastiche of Botticelli’s Birth of Venus
LUMINARY sounds like LUMINOUS which means emitting light…. Similarly, Luminary refers to someone who enlightens and influences others.
SYNONYMS : celebrity, star, expert, worthy, dignitary, leading light, celeb, megastar, personage, notable
USAGE : the political opinions of such luminaries as Sartre and de Beauvoir
The word is similar to FALSE… which means something which is untrue and just a delusion.
- That belief is just a fallacy.
- A fallacious argument.
- This is the biggest fallacy of all.
When a person is alone…he talks to himself, his own soul.
USAGE : On stage Hamlet is delivering his soliloquy.
When a person is LITERATE he is capable of ERADICATING various evils from society such as corruption etc.
MEANING : To do away with completely so as to leave no trace.
- Whole villages were obliterated by the fire.
- He drank to obliterate the memory of what had occurred.