Refulgent sounds like detergent which is used to make things shine…so refulgent means glowing or radiant.
MEANING : Shining radiantly; resplendent.
SYNONYMS : shining brightly; radiant; gleaming, luminous
USAGE : George was positively glowing with refulgent energy.
Cower sounds like cover…. You cover yourself when you want to escape from something that you are afraid of.
MEANING : To cringe in fear.
SYNONYMS : shrink, crouch, flinch, cringe, tremble, quail, grovel
- The hostages cowered in their seats.
- He was cowering away from the fierce dog.
If a towel is cheap and inexpensive, it looks dry it does not look elegant
1. Gaudy and cheap in nature or appearance.
2. Shameful or indecent
- tawdry jewelry
- tawdry secrets.
De-ability….means not physically able
MEANING : The state of being weak or feeble; infirmity.
SYNONYMS : feebleness, weakness, incapacity, frailty, infirmity
USAGE : Anxiety or general debility can play a part in allergies.
Preeminent sounds like Prominent which means important!
MEANING : Superior to or notable above all others; outstanding.
- Of special importance is our celebration of Christmas – a day that has become preeminent on our yearly calendars.
If a person is not able to Ride a bicycle, his friends might make fun of him and laugh at him…
MEANING : To speak of or treat with contemptuous mirth.
- This theory is widely derided by conventional scientists.
- His remarks were greeted with shouts of derision.
- The salary they offered me was derisive.
- derisive laughter.
When there is certainty or surety in attitude…it is certitude
MEANING : The state of being certain; complete assurance; confidence.
SYNONYMS : confidence, conviction, assurance, sureness, positiveness
USAGE : I cannot say with any degree of certitude what will happen next.